For all international students
Type of grant
Sectors and fields of study
Indiquer les domaines concernés (pas sous forme de tableau) :
DL: 01/10/2020 (14h - Brussels) - The call « FSR Post-doc 2021 » for incoming postdoctoral fellowships within UCLouvain is open !
This funding aims to create favourable conditions for transnational mobility of highly qualified researchers through the award of postdoctoral fellowships. All scientific disciplines are eligible.
Funding comprises a tax-exempt postdoctoral grant for 12-24 months that takes account of the researcher’s experience and includes third-party insurance costs, social security contributions, an operating budget and a travel allowance.
Duration and financial terms
The 2021 call is financed through the Special Research Funds (SRF), with a budget of €1,000,000. This will allow 10 2-year post-doctoral fellowships to be awarded.
Grant funded by
Fonds Spécial de Recherche (FSR) - Special Research Funds
Nationality.ies – Profile
The incoming postdoctoral fellowships are intended for:
- experienced researchers with a doctorate;
- researchers with a maximum of five years’ postdoctoral experience;
- researchers who are internationally mobile, i.e. who have not lived or carried out their main activity (work, study, etc.) in Belgium for more than 24 months in the three years prior
- to the project start date.
All nationalities are eligible.
Additional terms and conditions
Applicants must also respond at the same time to the F.R.S.-FNRS Grants and Fellowship call.
How to apply
Electronic submission to email@example.com ; calls are annual and are organised once per academic year.
Thursday 1 October 2020 at 2 p.m. at the latest.
The project selection process takes place in four stages:
- Eligibility of the applications
- Preselection by the Research Council
- Proposals classified A (at least three times the number of available grants) are evaluated by international peer reviewers
- Interviews by selection committee of the Research Council
Applications are assessed on the following criteria:
- quality of the applicant,
- quality of the research proposal,
- mutual impact of collaboration.
Contact – Find out more
Contact person: Mrs Sara Wilmet (ADRE/RFON-RINT)
+32 (0)10 47.38.36