Studying in French-speaking Belgium: all the admission and registration procedures for non-European Union nationals

The procedures to be followed to enrol with a higher education institution in French-speaking Belgium may vary. Your nationality, country of residence, qualifications, chosen education or level of studies to be achieved are all aspects that are taken into account.

Enrolling to study in French-speaking Belgium: the calendar

According to the calendar of the academic year in Belgium, enrolments generally close at the end of March before the start of the school year. If you want to study in French-speaking Belgium, we therefore recommend that you apply in February. For more information and specific to each institution, please contact the admissions and enrolments service of the relevant universityuniversity college or school of arts.

Enrolling for higher education in French-speaking Belgium for students from the People’s Republic of China

If you are a Chinese national and wish to study in French-speaking Belgium, you will need to obtain a certificate from the Beijing Academic Evaluation Centre (APS). This document is essential in assuring you are granted a student visa and can therefore study at a higher education institution in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, as it will attest to your studies completed thus far in the People’s Republic of China.