Type of grant
Short training/temporary studies
All levels of study.
Sectors and field of study
All fields of study.
The Campus Mundi programme supports the development of the international competitiveness of Hungarian higher education over the period 2016-2021 with a budget of HUF 9.2 billion (€26 million). The programme supports student mobility and contributes to increasing the international role and recognition of Hungarian higher education institutions worldwide.
- In case of travel to a partner university of the Hungarian institution :
The sending higher education institution publishes a list of higher education institutions cooperating within the framework of the Erasmus + programme or other bilateral agreements, indicating the fields, levels of education, fields of research, language of instruction and number of applicants, and the level of the partner institutions.
- In the case of "freemover" mobility (guest student status):
Temporary studies abroad can also be undertaken as a visiting student, in which case the applicant is free to look for a host university abroad where he/she can follow courses related to his/her studies. A semester or a term may be completed at any European or non-European higher education institution, provided that the applicant receives a letter of acceptance from the foreign university, that the travel is paid for by the Hungarian higher education institution and that the courses and credits obtained abroad are included in the original study programme.
The duration of temporary studies abroad is at least 3 months (90 days) excluding travel days. Support is available for up to 5 months.
Grant funded by
The European Union and the Hungarian State (by the Tempus Public Foundation - Hungary).
Nationality.ies – Profile
A student from a Hungarian higher education institution participating in the Erasmus + programme (with an Erasmus + Charter) who is studying in Hungary. The student may submit an application under the following conditions:
- The student has at least 1 active full-time semester completed in undergraduate, masters or doctoral studies;
- in the case of undergraduate and undivided studies, at least 2 active semesters completed at the beginning of the planned course (this is not a prerequisite for the master or doctorate) ;
- the student has an active student status in the training provided at the time of application when the planned training is implemented;
- the student has at least a B2 level of complex linguistic competence in the language(s) of instruction (if the host university requires a higher level of linguistic competence, this will prevail);
- the student undertakes to participate in the "alumni" programme for 5 years after the end of the scholarship.
Non-Hungarian citizens or students with dual nationality are not eligible to study in their home country.
Level of study required
All levels are possible.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted by filling in the online application form available at https://mundi.scholarship.hu and downloading the necessary attachments. Application documents are available here: https://tka.hu/palyazatok/4830/palyazati-dokumentumok#4897
Until the allocated budget is exhausted. It is recommended to submit your application 3 months before the planned start date of the mobility.
Applications submitted will be evaluated by the staff of the Tempus Public Foundation.