Type of grant

Study grant & Research grant


Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral, Postdoctoral


American citizens can apply to the Fulbright U.S. Student and Scholar Programmes for scholarships to fund study, research, and teaching programmes at French-speaking universities in Belgium and universities of applied sciences (and arts). The programme concerns the fields of Art, Health, Science and technology and Social and human sciences. 

Belgium is a trilingual country located in the heart of Europe. The official languages are French, Dutch and German and the education systems are managed by the respective linguistic communities. The Fulbright Open Study/Research award in Belgium consist of:

  • Full-time study*or
  • Full-time research or
  • Combination of independent research and participation in a graduate degree program or other advanced courses.

Contact – Find out more