The information below was updated at the time of writing. You are advised to check the external website for updated information.
Type of grant
Sectors and fields of study
All disciplines and specialities are concerned.
Open each year to a maximum of 10 researchers from the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, this programme aims to support research stays (from 12 to 24 weeks) carried out in a partner university in Canada. 10 researchers from Canadian universities wishing to come to the Wallonia-Brussels Federation will also benefit from this opportunity. The programme is open to all academic disciplines, without restriction.
12 to 24 weeks
A grant is awarded to the successful applicant for the research project jointly selected by WBI and MITACS up to a maximum of €4000/$6000, regardless of the duration of the stay.
Grant funded by
WBI / MITACS
Nationality.ies – Profile
Canadian citizen, permanent resident or foreign student enrolled in a doctoral program at an eligible Canadian university or foreign student maintaining postdoctoral status.
Belgian citizen or permanent resident or foreign student enrolled in a university organised and subsidised by the French Community of Belgium (Wallonia-Brussels Federation).
Level of study required
Master's degree holders, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers.
Additional terms and conditions
- Participants may not undertake a research project at an institution where they have already completed a programme of study;
- Be of legal age (18 years or older);
- Not have previously been awarded a Globalink Research Grant;
- Completeness of the application with all required signatures.
How to apply
- for stays from February onwards: at the latest by midnight on the preceding October 1st ;
- for stays from June onwards: no later than midnight on the preceding February 1st ;
- for stays from October onwards: no later than midnight on the preceding May 1st.
Contact – find out more
Anoula KINNEN - email@example.com / +32 (0)2 421 82 03
Services Bourses internationales, coordination Agents de liaison académique et culturelle (ALAC)
Place Sainctelette, 2 - 1080 Bruxelles (BE)